Monday, November 17, 2008

Toilet Paper

I caught cold a few days ago. Ever since then, our family toilet tissue rolls were “mysteriously” disappearing one by one on a daily basis. Partially, because I always left them somewhere else but inside my bag… Of course, my poor parents have no idea that I found an alternative use of their toilet tissue. So, here’s their private conversation happened to enter my ears:

Dad: “Ping uses toilet tissue like crazy these days. Small butt requires that much paper?”
Mom: “She must have a terrible diarrhea.”

One day, they heard me blowing my nose in front of them. Following that blow, I heard my dad’s self whisper with a wring on his face: “What a heart-breaking, nerve wracking noise!” Another end, came my mom’s voice: “I told her she had a big nose!”

Finally, he couldn’t hold any longer, and asked me directly: “why do you use so much our toilet paper for your nose? There’re plenty of facial tissues out there.”

Me: “Because it works. It’s soft, big quantity in small volume.”
Dad: “But it’s the best quality of toilet paper we bought.” He hinted it’s a waste of their high quality tissue for such an improper use.
Me: “But it’s the best quality nose I have too!”

No comments: