Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Socks Part 2

I learned a new pattern of socks. I enthusiastically wanted to try to make one for experiment, of course for my own benefit. After three days and three nights hard working, the sock came out too big for my foot. So, I kindly offered it to my dear dad with a cheeky smile, “Big dad, it’s quite cold in the winter time. Look at how nice I am, made a woolen sock for you. Isn’t it cute?” I dangled it in front of him, knowing the heel part of the sock is honestly a little messed up, but green is his favorite color. With this in mind, I’m confident that he would like it—he loves anything green!
“Oh, thank you. Put it there.” He pointed at the table where he always put his computer at.
But after a few days, I didn’t see him wearing it. I wondered, “Dad, how come you don’t wear my gift sock?”
“Well, I have two feet you know, and they could both get cold … but you only gave me one sock. I don’t know which foot to put it on? Left or right ... ?”
I love to see him confused by me, and laughed!

But I don’t let him get away with it. I like to see people wearing my works. So, whenever I am at home, I always check to see if he has my sock on. If not, I would put it on him. He helplessly smiles at those moments and tolerates warming one foot at a time.

It’s true that I love to learn new things and to create, but hate to repeat. After I knew how this pattern worked, I no longer have the desire to reproduce another one just like it—how boring. Thus, I ended up making one of a kind single socks in various styles. Maybe when I knitted enough single socks, my dad could possibly find another one similar enough to wear both at a time.

2 comments:

SOPHIE said...

I won't tell who allowed me to be here before "official release" ;-)
I am tired and really need to go to bed but the few sentence I read made me laugh so much I actually don't feel so sleepy anymore! I am looking forward for the next episodes!
Big kisses and hugs from an alreay-won fan
Sophie

Ping Wu Original said...

It's HAHADO! I know it's him, only him, must be him, a big mouth him! :D

Good to know my writing has this caffeine effect! A mush healthier way to rejuvenate and feel refreshed again. :) hahah!

Love ya!